Lily's Garden

 

Lily’s Garden

By Lily, age 5

I feel the fresh air turn into brightly warm sun when I am going out to garden with my family. I use all of the tools for the soil and dirt. I plant lots of good and healthy foods in my garden. When I do, I feel the soft thud of seeds hitting the dirt and the ground. It feels like I just woke up from being born. It’s like I never even saw this world. I start to rake the weeds out of my garden. I go into the house to do other stuff. Weeks pass and months pass. Soon the plants start shooting out and then they are done growing. When it’s time to pick there are lots of veggies and fruits to eat. We pick lots of yummy stuff like tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers to eat. It feels like it is my first time ever seeing this feeling. When I am finished, I go into the house for a long, long time. When I’m in there my favorite chore is making pickles with my dad. My mom makes salads for us to eat and smoothies with the fruit she buys at the store. We wait for a long time until the black earth begins to light and the birds start singing songs and I feel the worms already wriggling in the dirt. I really like this season so I never do forget it because I love this time. When I am done gardening I go into the house for a long, long time again and soon the best day came when I got to grow even more veggies in our garden. I really love that feeling, and with corn, potatoes, and beets we make borsch and potato pie and corn on the cob to eat at barbecues. When I feel the taste of hot pepper, the juicy tomato, and the rough outside of the beet skin on my fingers I feel like my life is going to change, and it will be way better when I get to garden all summer. It was the best life in all my lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Acorn's School

Halloween on a Tuesday

Haunted City